10. DO attend neighborhood meetings to become an active member of the Lake Marcel Community Club and the community.
9. DO plan your landscape to catch rainwater in rain gardens and encourage infiltration into the soil instead of running off directly into the stormwater system.
8. DO wash your car at a carwash, or use only hot water if you wash it on your property.
7. DO keep your septic system functioning with regular check-ups and maintenance.
6. DO shrink your lawn by planting native plants both to cut down on garden maintenance and to provide natural habitat for area wildlife. Make sure the non-native plants in your garden are not on the noxious weed list.
5. DO scoop pet poop and dispose of it in the trash, rather than leaving it to wash into the lake.
4. DO use low or no phosphorus fertilizers for your lawn and clean up spills of garden products before rain or irrigation moves them into the lake.
3. DO dispose of aquarium plants and animals in the trash so they cannot get into our waterways and cause environmental damage.
2. DO dispose of hazardous chemicals and waste safely to keep dangerous and harmful materials out of the lake.
1. DO enjoy the natural beauty and peacefulness of where you live. It makes the other nine DO’s worthwhile!